Who and What

Hi All,
Welcome to this blog.
I'm autodidacted bicycle enthutist and mechanic, waiting for the right moment to be fully dedicated to the dream of LBS (local bicycle store).

I can do almost everything with your old bike to make it shine and roll.

I can get you everything for your new bike project build.

The only thing I can not do, is to make you ride.


Anyway, fell free to comment, contact and ask questions.

With smile,
Garazhik

22 November 2011

MBK Mistral, Blue and white frame

Quick, Smooth and Easy. Just look what you can do with your old frame for few bucks, before you run and buy a new Chinese crap. This is what I call one day turn around. It took me few hours to disassemble it, clean it and get ready. Then few hour to build the wheels. And three hours, with help of Eitan and Ilya, to create a new runner. Take a look on the colors and how clean the frame is. Eitan decided to leave the colors as are and I cannot blame him. Actually it’s my second MBK, the first one got stolen, very sad story. Hopefully this one will have a better future.

Before:




And the final touch, this dude (Eitan) did his first fixie skid, right in the garage after 10 minutes of his first ride! Total cool and way to go.
However he had the best masters around)))







13 comments:

Earnest Black said...

nice. love the colors, very zionist :)

Garazhik Fixie said...

Indeed) Next time magen David will be added.

Anonymous said...

Hi Garazhik,

first off all: nice bikes! Love your work!
I´m a design student from Italy and next summer semester, so from february to july, I`ll stay in Jerusalem on the Bezalel Academy.
Here in Italy I already ride a fixed gear, and I would like to do it in Israel too. So I would like to ask you kindly if you may have a frame for me in your repertory? Or if you´ll get one in the next month.

best reguards,
Matthias

matthias.poetz@design-art.it
http://matthiasptz.blogspot.com/

Garazhik Fixie said...

Hi,
Nice to meet you)
I always have 2-4 frames in stock. However in order to feet you well please share your measurements with me. You can use this tool:
http://www.ebicycles.com/bicycle-tools/frame-sizer/road-bike
to tell me the what's you frame size.
BTW, if you already have a bike why don't you bring it here? Fixed gear might be a bit challenging in Jerusalem hills but we can always set you a single speed)

Hope you will have a great time here in Betzalel.

matthias pötz said...

Hi again!
Im quite tall... 75" high and 36" leg length, so I would probably need the tallest frame you can get...your link says 24,5" is the frame measurement.
I thought more to fix there a bike and bring it back to italy.
Whatever its gonna be, fixed or single speed (flip flop could be nice) ...we´ll see =)
Thank you really much!
Looking forward to meet you in tel aviv.

Garazhik Fixie said...

Can get you a tall frame, cause here there are many tall frames more then usual)

61-63cm will fit you right.

See ya

matthias pötz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Garazhik Fixie said...

Sorry, i have accidentally deleted your last comment. Never mind, feel free to call me 054-3042360, and we will discuss it.
BTW I do have very cool frame for tall person. Bertin french, handmade.

Eitan said...

Just did my first facial skid this morning.

Garazhik Fixie said...

You felt off?

Unknown said...

HI Garazhik!

I was thinking about turning one old bike I have around into a fixie. Looking around on the internet I found your blog, and I couldn't be happier when I saw the pictures of the MBK. It's just exactly the same bike I have at home!

How much could it be the spare parts to convert it? I think I might need the wheels, chain, singlespeed mainwheel...Anything else?

I have mine with the pedal axle broken, so I have to add a new one to the budget.

My second question is about the difficulty of the conversion. Is it hard to do? at least I think I might need special tools to mount the single speed mainwheel and the pedal axle. But, is it difficult to perform?

Regards,

David

Garazhik Fixie said...

Hi David,
Let me know if you in Israel and give me a call it will b easier for both of us. 054-3o4236o (Vadim) or via FB.

Anonymous said...

Hi Garazhnik,
Nice blog post!
Do you have an idea where I could get a replacement fork, just like the one you have here?
(Changed the exact same bike to fixed, it was used for almost a year, but the fork got bent in an accident :()
Thanks!